Tuesday, September 18, 2007

~Picture Perfect~ Prepared.

Rules are posted on the profile page.

prepared_harmaceutical


Taken with my Nikon D40 at sunset, September 18, 2007.

"Be prepared." said the cub scout coffee mug that sat on my dresser top throughout childhood, gathering dust.

Well, now I live in Tokyo, which lies upon a massive fault line. In 1923, an Earthquake struck the Tokyo region, resulting in a horrifying 142,000 lives lost. Authorities expect a quake of equal strength to hit again sometime within the next quarter century.

But I am prepared. I keep my "Earthquake Kit" ready, with passport, food and water, first aid kit, spare glasses, a bottle of wine, toilet paper, and even a paperback.

Living on the 6th floor of a fairly old apartment building, people ask me if I worry. I answer "No," because what you see above is my escape route off my balcony. To further explain, I'll leave you with a second image, which clearly shows that I have nothing to worry about. In the event of an earthquake, you can see that a matronly woman in business attire will rappel down the side of the building. I am presuming that, along with her clearly NAVY-SEALS-like training, she will also have the strength to carry me, and my Earthquake kit. Presumably, I will then have the opportunity to crack open the wine, and woo her, a la James Bond.

prepared2_harmaceutical

So I am prepared.

Are you?

Thanks Heather, for letting me host this week. Next week I am passing the torch to my wonderful friend Girly.

Harmaceutical, signing off, and remaining prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment